Reciprocal Linking Scams, Things to look for and the way to Prevent Them
Reciprocal linking scams have elevated hugely in the past year. Initially we believed that this issue only associated with gambling and casino related websites but an audit in our commercial link partners suggests that it’s a serious issue inside the broader network.
In the last 18 several weeks, we observed our page ranking was gradually declining even though i was constantly adding new link partners to the link directory. We’d tucked from the five lower to some two before we finally identified the precise reason for the issue.
From the first 100 links on the anchor site, only seven remained as being reciprocated.
We recrawled the websites where no link was discovered having a second spider and also got the identical result. Only then do we began by hand examining the sites where no backlink was discovered and began finding patterns of deliberate link fraud.
The scams so as of recognition among the scammers –
- The hyperlink around the webpage towards the link directory continued to be but hitting it or specific directory links created a template style page having a couple of casino banners or perhaps page without any directory content – This scam was most widely used using the proprietors of multiple domains using the .co.za and .co.united kingdom suffixes
- The hyperlink around the webpage towards the link directory continued to be but hitting gambling or casino related links came back a summary of links to sites owned exclusively through the same company or person. The worst offenders within this group preferred domain extensions of .biz, .us and .md
- The hyperlink directory index page continued to be however the link directory have been seriously pruned and many remaining links would the website proprietors other sites in order to casinos. That one is typical across all suffixes.
- Links not clickable Links towards the directory as well as other pages inside the directory continued to be intact. During the time of their exchanging links campaign, their links were clickable but at some stage next the code which makes the hyperlink clickable was removed and also the site name was put into bold text so instantly it made an appearance to become a legitimate clickable link. This scam is most in-demand by websites that convey a miniature screen shot from the index page of the site beside the back link.
- An alternative from the previous scam. Advertising media are your mouse pointer within the page, the ‘links’ change color but no URL displays within the search bar at the end of the browser window. Right click continues to be disabled around the page to ensure that many people searching in the page cannot begin to see the code. If you are using Dreamweaver MX or later, highlight negligence the page you need to take a look at after which using Control C copy it towards the clip board after which use Control V to stick it in to the design side of the fundamental Dreamweaver page. Whenever you click code you can observe the things they were attempting to prevent you seeing. It might operate in the later versions of comparable authoring programs. Worst offenders really are a poker site along with a media company operating from India.